Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tae Kwon Tuesdays!!

Little known fact: I, Matthew John Palmer, am a certified green belt. I received this prestigious title at the precocious age of seven and have been training effortlessly for the last 11 years. This semester, I am taking the Tae Kwon Do class here at SUNY Purchase. I won't bore you with the details- just know that I am the second-ranked student in my class and am a rising star in the martial arts world. None of this, however, would be possible without my brilliant sensei, and for that I humbly acknowledge him, Whatever His Name Is. Always full of Ben Franklin-esque maxims and aphorisms, my prof. has many a time dropped mad knowledge all around my vicinities. Some of his more choice quotations from my most recent class include:

"Your feet are ice skates, and those ice skates are on railroad tracks- if you can imagine that"

and

"Never kick an apple off of a sword"

and

"Let me be you"

Next week on Tae Kwon Tuesdays!! 
-Pictures from Tae Kwon Do class
-More quotes
-Nothing else new

No comments:

Post a Comment